Trump scraps plan to throw opening pitch at Yankee Stadium in August – Serialpressit (News)

0
58

President Trump on Sunday said he won’t throw the opening pitch at Yankee Stadium as planned next month, citing his busy schedule.

“Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the @Yankees on August 15th. We will make it later in the season!” Trump tweeted.

The cancellation comes after Trump announced from the White House briefing room last week that he would throw the opening pitch when the Boston Red Socks play the Yankees.

Trump told reporters about the honor shortly before White House coronavirus task force member Anthony Fauci threw the opening pitch Thursday for a Yankees vs. Nationals game in DC.

READ  Hyundai gross sales up 4.6% at 65,020 items in October

Yankees legend Mariano Rivera was at the White House when Trump announced his plans to throw out the pitch next month.

Fauci, who is celebrated by Trump critics for his willingness to fault the US coronavirus response, badly missed the home plate and detractors gleefully shared the footage.

Trump has not yet thrown out an opening pitch as president. But a video clip released by the White House of Rivera’s visit shows the president catching and throwing a ball with the Baseball Hall of Fame inductee.

On Thursday, Trump said he had been invited to throw out the pitch Aug. 15 by his friend Randy Levine, president of the New York Yankees.

The post Trump scraps plan to throw opening pitch at Yankee Stadium in August appeared first on New York Post.

READ  Milania Giudice 'heartbroken' over dad Joe's deportation ruling

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here